You guessed it! Surfing today in Carcavelos! It was awesome even though the conditions were a little past my expertise. I had one really wicked drop, which makes it all worth it. On my surf adventure I met a girl from Vancouver. What are the chances right? We hung out for the day got lunch at the beach then headed back into Lisbon. She totally helped me get my barrings in Lisbon better, which is helpful. We sat in a square and ate traditional pastry and drank Super Bock, cheap semi-good beer. It was grand but man was I tired. I literally got back to my hostel showered and passed out and waking up the next day all my muscles ached. Also have a narley bruise on my thigh from a run-in with the nose of a surf board :) but never the less I headed out again. Made my way to a little town outside Lisbon called Sintra. So basically Sintra is Narnia; best way to describe it. A little town set in forest and hills with a huge castle/fortress looking over it. Walked to the top and along the old Moarish ruins and got some amazing shots of the city! You scale across the outer walls of the 'castelo' and just imagine yourself fighting in some awesome LOTR battle! But really it was spectacular!!! Wandered the streets of Lisbon, now that I actually know some references and headed back to get ready for Porto tomorrow!!!
Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment