Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Mas AliCANte

The first week has been a bit of a blur. We've been so busy everyday, which I love but is quite exhausting. The work load is a tad more than expected so I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm really enjoying delving further though. 

On our weekend we went to explore more of the township of Alicante (we're staying in the suburb of Campello). As a group we headed by tram to the main city and hiked to the top of Alicante Castle (don't worry I mainly stayed away from the edges :P). There were gorgeous views of the coastline and city. Got a couple group shots and headed back down to do some more exploring. 

Somehow Katrina and I managed to get ourselves a little separated from everyone else who went shopping. We decided to hit up the boardwalk and go for a stroll along the beach. We sat and talked about our lives then wandered up the pier to grab ourselves something to refresh us. 

Okay so by the by Lemon Fanta is quite possibly the best thing in the world. After some broken Spanish and accidentally ordering a beer (:P) we sat on the terrace and soaked in the rays with our drinks. 

Needless to say it was a busy weekend as well. On Sunday we had service in the morning and headed to the park for some competitive football (soccer). Our team was definitely the best :) it was great!

It's really nice a lot of the girls here are focused on exercise and fitness so it's been really motivating but SOOO tiring. Yesterday Melissa came up with a game where every time we said the word "like" in a sentence we'd have to do 5 burpies and 5 push-ups. I did over 20 sets in the matter of 6 hours. It sucked but was kind of awesome. But it was pretty terrifying to speak. Haha. 

This last week and half has been so amazing and I'm continually reminded of how blessed I am to be able to be here and enjoy this culture and life. While running yesterday I was hit by the miraculous-ness that I was even able to run.

Me encanta EspaƱa y todos los estudiantes y las oportunidades. Soy muy afortunada.


No comments:

Post a Comment